- How long have you been on DeviantArt?
since march 2004 so 11 years. my original account was Dont-lose-heart
- What does your username mean?
well daedal means skilled but it also has connotations having to do with the arts so it doesn't purely just mean skilled.
i really just like the way it sounds when i mispronounce it so i started using it as a character and user name. JS are my initials because my name is Jack Sh... no wait my name is Josh Strawbridge. also also, the letter j makes a sound like a y some places so if you read the whole thing out that way it could be pronounced something like Daedalus.
- Describe yourself in three words.
Christian, artist, techie.
- Are you left or right handed?
- What was your first deviation?
i was really proud of that back then... now it just kinda hurts to look at a bit. i mean parts of it aren't bad but on the whole... ouch.
- What is your favourite type of art to create?
- If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
not sure really. i tend not to worry so much about style rather than just doing what i do.
if you're talking about another form of art then sculpture probably... or possibly music.
- What was your first favourite?
made by one of the people i used to play graal online with.
- What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
somewhat fantasy themed stuff maybe anime too... mostly ladies... but also environments... i've quite liked some digital 3d stuff lately when i see it (especially hand painted texture stuff)
i try not to really limit myself to that too much and i do like just about everything but that is just where my natural bias tends to lead me more i guess.
- Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
that'd be me totally cuz i'm da bes. nah... i'm not entirely sure that i have a favorite. i guess i could say Artgerm since that's the only name that's coming to mind but it i don't particularly like his work more than a lot of the other artist's i have watched here so... iono.
- If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
crap i dunno. just 'cause people meet in person doesn't mean they'll have an enjoyable experience. especially with a boring guy like me. oh wait i'd like to meet someone who doesn't mind being boring with me while we do whatever we feel like individually and and not necessarily have any sort of prolonged conversation. going places makes me want to draw and it's a bit too much work to draw and carry on a conversation with most people lol.
- How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
- What are your preferred tools to create art?
pencil, paper, wacom, computer, blender, krita, mypaint, gimp.
- What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
Smoky Mountains, Tennessee... but i don't live there.
- What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
all the arts. i really have enjoyed those.